This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, read my Disclosure Policy.
Title: Quarter to Midnight
Author: Karen Rose
Publish Date: August 2, 2022
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Romantic Suspense #26, New Orleans #1
My Rating: 4/5
Good cops. Bad cops. Only one will win.
After completing her tours with the Marines in Iraq, Molly Sutton knew she could take down any bad guy she met. But when a family tragedy exposes the dark side of her local police, she joined up with her former CO Burke Broussard, who left New Orleans PD to set up a private investigative service for people who couldn’t find justice elsewhere.
Gabe Hebert saw the toll that working for the NOPD took on his dad and decided instead to make a name for himself as one of the best young chefs in the French Quarter. But when his father’s death is ruled a suicide after a deliberately botched investigation by his former captain, Gabe knows his dad stumbled onto a truth that someone wants silenced.
Gabe goes to his father’s best friend, Burke, for help. Burke assigns the toughest member of his team, Molly, to the case. Molly can’t believe she’s being asked to work with the smoking hot chef whose chocolate cake is not the only thing that makes her mouth water. Sparks fly as they follow the leads Gabe’s dad left them, unraveling a web of crimes, corruption, and murder that runs all the way to the top.
Purchase Links: Amazon
Molly moves to New Orleans and works as a private investigator. Gabe, a chef, hires her agency to investigate his father’s death.
Quarter to Midnight is the 26th book in the Romantic Suspense series by Karen Rose. It is the first book in the New Orleans series. I have read other books by Rose, and was excited to read a new one set in New Orleans.
The characters are well-developed and realistic. The attraction between Molly and Gabe is strong and happens quickly. The story is fast paced and intriguing. Quarter to Midnight is an atmospheric and intense thriller.
I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Books by Karen Rose:
- Don’t Tell (Chicago #1)
- Have You Seen Her?
- I’m Watching You (Chicago #2)
- Nothing to Fear (Chicago #3)
- You Can’t Hide (Chicago #4)
- Count to Ten (Chicago #5)
- Die for Me (Daniel Vartanian #1)
- Scream for Me (Daniel Vartanian #2)
- Kill for Me (Daniel Vartanian #3)
- I Can See You (Minneapolis #1)
- Silent Scream (Minneapolis #2)
- You Belong to Me (Baltimore #1)
- No One Left to Tell (Baltimore #2)
- Did You Miss Me? (Baltimore #3)
- Watch Your Back (Baltimore #4)
- Closer Than You Think (Cincinnati #1)
- Alone in the Dark (Cincinnati #2)
- Every Dark Corner (Cincinnati #3)
- Monster in the Closet (Baltimore #5)
- Edge of Darkness (Cincinnati #4)
- Death Is Not Enough (Baltimore #6)
- Say You’re Sorry (Sacramento #1)
- Into the Dark (Cincinnati #5)
- Say No More (Sacramento #2)
- Say Goodbye (Sacramento #3)
- Quarter to Midnight (New Orleans #1)
- Cold Blooded Liar (San Diego #1)
- Beneath Dark Waters (New Orleans #2)