Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s theme is Inspirational/Thought-Provoking Book Quotes.
Listed below are 10 thought-provoking literary quotes. There are so many good quotes in books, I had a hard time narrowing this one down to ten.
1. I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.
– The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald F. Scott
2. I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.
– Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3. Not all those who wander are lost.
– The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
4. Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both.
– A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
5. Sometimes the dreams that come true are the dreams you never even knew you had.
– The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
6. There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.
– The Boscombe Valley Mystery by Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Maybe who we are isn’t so much about what we do, but rather what we’re capable of when we least expect it.
– My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
8. Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.
– A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
9. When we think of the past it’s the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that.
– The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
10. We accept the love we think we deserve.
– The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky