Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish. It is now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s theme is Character Freebie (any topic you want that deals with book characters!).
I think it’s cute when pets are named after literary characters. We have two dogs (neither one named after a literary character), so we’re not looking to add a new pet to our family right now. However, if I was looking for a dog, these are some names I would consider.
1. Gatsby – Jay Gatsby in The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Sherlock – Sherlock Holmes in the Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
3. Watson – Dr. John Watson in the Sherlock Holmes series by Arthur Conan Doyle
4. Marlowe – Philip Marlowe in the Philip Marlower series by Raymond Chandler
5. Jekyll – Dr. Henry Jekyll in The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
6. Rhett – Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
7. Darcy – Fitzwilliam Darcy in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
8. Dashwood – The Dashwood family in Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
9. Scout – Jean Louise “Scout” Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
10. Huckleberry – Huckleberry Finn in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. That means I may receive a very small commission, at no cost to you, if you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase.