Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Today’s topic is for unpopular bookish opinions. Most of my opinions aren’t that unpopular… so I’m just calling this 10 bookish opinions.
1. Reading ebooks is as good, and sometimes better, than reading print books.
2. Listening to audiobooks is as good as reading books.
3. Standalones are better than series.
4. Sometimes the movie is better than the book.
5. Book tropes aren’t a bad thing.
6. It’s okay to judge a book by it’s cover.
7. Used books are better than new books.
8. It’s okay to skim read a book.
9. It’s good to read books outside your genre comfort zone.
10. Paperbacks are better than hardcovers.
Paperbacks are usually cheaper and easier to carry around. However, I’m slowly changing my opinion on this one. As my home library grows, I’ve come to accept that hardcovers look better lined up on the shelves. Also, the print is usually easier to read.