I was tagged for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Jonetta @ Blue Mood Cafe. Thanks so much! Definitely check out Jonetta’s blog – she’s got a lot of great content.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
• Answer the questions
• Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
• List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
11 QUESTIONS FROM JONETTA
1. What was the inspiration for your blog design?
I wanted a simple, minimal design. White background, black text. I use purple for some things because that’s my favorite color.
2. Who was the most positive influence in your life and why?
My mother. She’s always been supportive and encouraging. We’re really close – think Gilmore Girls, but Southern and much slower talkers.
3. What was the book (or books) that led you to your most favorite genre?
I’ve always read mysteries. When I was a kid I checked out every Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys book the library had. I also loved The Westing Game.
4. What authors would you most like to sit down with for a cup of coffee and discuss their writing?
Liane Moriarty, Ruth Ware, and Karin Slaughter.
5. What are you most proud of so far?
My son. He’s 4 years old, and so curious about everything.
6. If you could be transported into any story you’ve read to date, what book would it be and why? (It’s okay to have more than one.)
– I love the worlds of so many sci-fi and fantasy novels, but they’re usually dangerous places. I’m fairly certain I wouldn’t survive.
– Some of my favorite books are classics, but I enjoy modern conveniences too much to go too far back in time.
– So, I’ll go with a cozy mystery. One with a close-knit, small town setting and quirky locals. Maybe the Miss Fortune mysteries in Sinful, Louisiana to get caught up in some shenanigans with Fortune, Ida Belle, and Gertie.
7. Where do you post your reviews, other than your blog?
Goodreads, Amazon, and Instagram. Everything goes on Goodreads. Reviews for new(ish) books go on Amazon. If I have a photo of the book, it might go on Instagram.
8. Coffee, tea or something else?
Coffee. I cannot function without coffee.
9. When did you realize that books would always be important in your life?
I’ve always loved reading. I can’t think of a singular moment or event that led to my love of books.
10. What book brought you to tears?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness
11. What are two things you’d want people to know about you?
– I love to travel.
– I sometimes binge watch shows on Netflix.
No obligation to participate! I know some of you have already participated in this tag recently, so no worries about doing it again.
Amanda @ The Limit of Books Does Not Exist
Amy @ Novel Gossip
Ann Marie @ Lit Wit Wine Dine
Berit & V @ Audio Killed the Bookmark
Brenda & Norma @ Two Sisters Lost in a Coulee
Carol @ Bookaria
Jennifer @ JenChaos Reviews
Jennifer @ Jennifer ~ Tar Heel Reader
Mackenzie @ PhDiva
Siobhan @ Siobhan’s Novelties
Susan @ Susan Loves Books
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What are your favorite genres to read?
3. What are some of your favorite book series?
4. Other than reading, what are your hobbies?
5. Who are three authors you would like to meet?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What is your favorite children’s book?
8. Can you name a movie that was better than the book? What is it?
9. Night owl or early bird?
10. What are five books on your TBR that you really plan to read?
11. What is your favorite place that you have traveled?