I’ve been making a lot of headway toward my 2017 reading goals. I should be finishing some of my goals earlier in the year than I originally expected. That’s awesome… because I’ve got hundred of other books on my to-read list! Below are the books I read in March.
Gilmore Girls Season 2 books – FINISHED!
• The Little Locksmith by Katharine Butler Hathaway
• Dawn Powell: Novels 1930-1942 by Dawn Powell – This book contains Dance Party, Come Back to Sorrento, Turn, Magic Wheel, Angels on Toast, and A Time to Be Born.
• Six Plays by Lillian Hellman by Lillian Hellman – This book contains The Children’s Hour, Days to Come, The Little Foxes, Another Part of the Forest, Watch on the Rhine, and The Autumn Garden. The Children’s Hour is on the Gilmore Girls Season 2 book list.
• The Portable Nietzsche by Friedrich Nietzsche
• The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
Gilmore Girls Season 3 books
• A Bolt from the Blue and Other Essays by Mary McCarthy
The Twilight Novels – FINISHED!
• Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
• Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Nancy Drew Mystery Stories
• The Quest of the Missing Map by Carolyn Keene
• The Clue in the Jewel Box by Carolyn Keene
• The Secret in the Old Attic by Carolyn Keene
• The Clue in the Crumbling Wall by Carolyn Keene
• The Mystery of the Tolling Bell by Carolyn Keene
• The Clue in the Old Album by Carolyn Keene
• The Ghost of Blackwood Hall by Carolyn Keene
• The Clue of the Leaning Chimney by Carolyn Keene
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge + Advanced List
• The Martian by Andy Weir – A book recommended by a librarian.
• Missing by James Patterson and Kathryn Fox – A book with multiple authors.
• How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie – A bestseller from a genre you don’t normally read.
• The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti – A book that’s published in 2017.
• Cinder by Marissa Meyer – A book with a title that’s a character’s name.
• Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë – A book with an unreliable narrator.
• Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – A book set in two different time periods.
• Tenth of December by George Saunders – A book with a month or day of the week in the title.
• Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen – A book you got from a used book sale.
Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2017 Reading Challenges for Fun and for Growth
• The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – A book with a reputation for being un-put-down-able.
• The Beach by Alex Garland – A book you were excited to buy or borrow but haven’t read yet.
• Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave – A book about a topic or subject you already love.
• The Art of War by Sun Tzu – A book published before you were born. This book is also on the Gilmore Girls Season 3 book list.
Bookriot’s 100 Must-Read Books about Monsters
• Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda
Other books read (not toward a specific goal):
• The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
• Humans, Bow Down by James Patterson
• Lumberjanes, Vol 1: Beware The Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson
• The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee
• The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
• We Were Liars by E. Lockhart