My reading goals for June were to finish the reading challenges. I did finish the Modern Mrs. Darcy reading for Growth challenge,and I almost finished the Popsugar reading challenge. For other reading goals, I am hoping to finish the Nancy Drew books in July. Below are the books I read in June.
Gilmore Girls Season 3 Books
• We Owe You Nothing by Daniel Sinker
Gilmore Girls Season 4 Books
• The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber
Nancy Drew Mystery Stories
• The Double Jinx Mystery by Carolyn Keene
• Mystery of the Glowing Eye by Carolyn Keene
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge + Advanced List
• You Can’t Touch My Hair by Phoebe Robinson – a book by a person of color.
• The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – a book involving a mythical creature.
• The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton – a book you loved as a child.
• Spoken from the Heart by Laura Bush – a book written by someone you admire.
• The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky – a book with a family member term in the title.
• The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Díaz – a book about an immigrant or refugee.
• Sharp Teeth by Toby Barlow – a book from a genre/subgenre you’ve never heard of.
• Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs – a book that’s been mentioned in another book.
• The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – a book based on mythology.
Modern Mrs. Darcy’s 2017 Reading Challenges for Fun and for Growth
GROWTH – FINISHED!
• The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon – a book nominated for an award in 2017.
Bookriot’s 100 Must-Read Hilarious Books
• Bossypants by Tina Fey
Other books read (not toward a specific goal):
• Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
• Book Club by Bill Barnes
• Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler
• Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham