The last few years, I have participated in the Modern Mrs. Darcy reading challenge. This year’s challenge has 12 prompts. Below are the challenge prompts, followed by the book I read. I will update this post with books as I finish the challenge.
To see what I’m reading, find me on Goodreads.
UPDATE: I finished this challenge in July 2018.
1. A classic you’ve been meaning to read – Dubliners by James Joyce
2. A book recommended by someone with great taste – Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
3. A book in translation – Killing Auntie by Andrzej Bursa
4. A book nominated for an award in 2018 – We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
5. A book of poetry, a play, or an essay collection – Quirky Essays for Quikry People by Barbara Venkataraman
6. A book you can read in a day – C is for Corpse by Sue Grafton
7. A book that’s more than 500 pages – Feed by Mira Grant
8. A book by a favorite author – The Black Book by James Patterson
9. A book recommended by a librarian or indie bookseller – Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
10. A banned book – Carrie by Stephen King
11. A memoir, biography, or book of creative nonfiction – Matisse the Master by Hilary Spurling
12. A book by an author of a different race, ethnicity, or religion than your own – I Am Not Sidney Poitier by Percival Everett